The Cape wine lands make sure to fulfill all of your senses, with world class award winning wines, and breathtaking views.
You will get to visit the main attractions and world famous estates. But even better … you will also get to taste the wine lands in a much more real and in depth way by visiting hidden gems only known to locals, tasting true local cuisine and perhaps share stories with South African wine makers. This is what we pride ourselves in. It’s a must for the traveller wanting to experience the best of everything the wine lands has to offer.
Our wine lords (guides) have collectively more than 50 years of experience in the tourism industry – knowing exactly what travelers really want. We visit premium wine estates, but also do things that no ordinary tours do, that only South Africans get to enjoy.
Harvest parade – January 28 & 29, Stellenbosch
Harvest season- February
- Pickup & dropoff at Urban Hive Backpackers.
- We visit 5 different wine estates (famous farms and some hidden gems only known to locals).
- Pair a variety of locally produced, world-class cheeses.
- Cellar and vineyard tour, teaching us how wine is made, how to taste wine, food and wine pairing, what bottle to order at restaurants…
- A hearty lunch is served in the the middle of the wine lands.
- A diverse range of wine styles: whites, sparkling, reds, dessert wines.
- Local treats of cured meats paired with selected wines.
- Artisanal chocolate (Fair trade accredited) paired with different wines.
Book your tour
If you are interested in booking this tour, just write us a short inquiry with the dates you are staying at the hostel and what date you would like to go on the tour.